10. The tree. Wait until Gaudete Sunday (3rd Sunday of Advent) to decorate it.
Wait to take it down until the end of the Christmas Season (January 9th).
9. The Nativity scene. If you don’t have one, try to get one.
It helps to remind us that the whole season of Christmas is about Christ.
Have some historical fun with it. Wait to place the figures as they would have arrived: Joseph & Mary - a few days before Christmas Eve, Jesus and angels - Christmas Eve, The three kings – The Epiphany.
8. The Advent wreath. Say a family prayer each day as you gather around it to light the appropriate candle as we wait to celebrate Our Lord’s birth.
7. Write out “Christmas”. “X-mas” literally takes “Christ” out of “Christmas.”
Take the time to write out that name, it is truly worth the wait.
Say a prayer with each writing for those who do not yet believe.
6. Gift giving. Wait before you purchase something to consider giving a little extra to your favorite charity. Save a gift to open on feasts of St. Nicholas (Dec. 6th) & The Epiphany (Jan. 8th). Wait for Christmas Eve before opening presents. (Kids, don’t even ask for any sooner, remember why we receive gifts that day)
5. Wait with Mary by praying the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary as a family on Sunday or every day if possible.
4. Eucharistic Adoration: Come Let us Adore Him!
3. Go to daily Mass one time each week (every day if you can.)
2. Read the Christmas story. Choose Gospel of Matthew or Luke and read the true Christmas story.
1. Wait in the Confessional line. Go to Confession. Best way to be prepared for His return.
Celebrate the Christmas Season as a Christian!
Monday 8:00 am
Tuesday 12:10 pm
Wed. - Sat. 8.00am
Wednesday- Baptist Home 10:15 am
Thursday - Missouri Slope 10:00 am